The dreaded wind is hair and it just got so much harder to keep hair in place. A few tips so you don't arrive at your destination with "tornado hair".
- Choose a style that will be easy to push back into place, even aim for a tussled look.
- Use a thermal protector, not only does this protect your hair from the heating tools you use, but it smooths the cuticle making it easier to "settle" the hair when you come indoors.
- Choose a good styling product with a firm hold factor. Just because it is firm hold doesn't mean sticky or hard to work with, it simply means it will hold up against windy weather.
- Use a Hairspray. Choose a humidity resistant spray as these have a great hold and are friendly to work with - even if you get caught in a bit of rain, it will play nice with you.
- For long hair, tie it up before you step out into the wind, you can prevent cuticle damage which results in split ends.
If anyone else has some tips, please add them to this list.